About Rocksport & Our Team
- The employees of Rocksport are teachers, outdoor facilitators and licensed guides. It is a family-owned and operated business, instructing climbing and climbers since 1992.
- We are one of the oldest commercial climbing gyms in the United States!
- Our climbing team coaches feature a former National Competitor and a former National Park Climbing Ranger.
- We wrote an early guidebook (1976) to the Adirondacks and continue to develop new climbs and cliffs in the Lake George Region.
- We have travelled and climbed extensively all over the U. S. and Canada — from Yosemite and the North Cascades to the desert southwest and the Rockies.
- We've climbed in the great ranges of the world — from the Alps and Africa to several expeditions to the Himalayas.
- Rocksport features gentle challenges for the beginner, plenty of moderate terrain for the weekend warrior, and fierce overhanging climbing for the expert.
- We are a family-oriented facility with a passion for climbing.
Let us share our love of climbing and the Adirondacks with you!
"Sometimes it is not about hanging on, it is about letting go."
— Tom Rosecrans, RockSport Owner and Guide, as quoted in The New York Times (7/30/2011)
"Families that climb together, stay together."
— Brie Livingston, Climbing Team Coach/Assistant Guide
"Without adventure we wither on the vine."
— Robert "Doc" Livingston, Rocksport Guide